...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Friday, September 16, 2016

Mourinho admits confidence low in Manchester United squad

Jose Mourinho has admitted that confidence is very low in his Manchester United squad, after they suffered their second consecutive defeat.
United were beaten 1-0 at Feyenoord on Thursday night in their Europa League opener, the first time they have lost four away games in Europe.

Tonny Vilhena scored the only goal of the match in the 79th minute.



Mourinho says he faces a huge task of lifting his players’ spirits, ahead of Sunday’s trip to Watford.

“When you lose matches, there are no miracles in terms of the players’ soul,” he said.

“You win matches, people are happy and full of confidence. You lose matches and people are sad and feel it.

“Obviously, when you lose matches, the mood is not the same, that’s normal.


“That’s the normal nature of football players, but I’m here not to let them be in a negative mood or in a negative period because we lost two matches in four days.

“I know we play midday on Sunday and in this moment it’s 9pm on Thursday, but we are professionals, let’s not make an excuse for Sunday because we have to play this game.

“The players are professional, they have to be fit and they have to be mentally strong to play again.

“I think in the first-half we didn’t have an especially ambitious attitude. I’m not saying bad, but now with the ambition you need to win football matches.

“You can say I changed eight players. Okay, I changed eight players, but I played with a good team and enough good players to win the match.”

Mourinho also insisted he was not carried away, by their impressive form at the start of the season.

“When we won the Community Shield and the first three Premier League matches, I wasn’t on the moon,” he added.

“I wasn’t saying we were a phenomenal team and we’re going to destroy every opponent. I said, yes, it’s a good start, but I was never on the moon.

“I know the situation is not a case of clicking your fingers and everything is perfect.

“To be honest, we didn’t play phenomenal matches in these two defeats, but to lose both I think is a punishment for the team because I think we deserved more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902